How to Pray the Rosary
- Begin with the Sign of the Cross.
- Holding the crucifix, pray the Apostles’ Creed.
- On the first bead, pray an Our Father.
- On each of the next three beads, pray a Hail Mary.
- On the next bead, pray a Glory Be to The Father.
- Pray the first decade.
On the large bead, announce the mystery and then say an Our Father.
On each of the 10 small beads, say a Hail Mary while continuing to meditate on the mystery.
At the end of the decade, say the Glory Be to The Father.
Then say the Fatima Prayer:
- Repeat this pattern for the remaining decades.
Our Father > 10 Hail Marys > Glory Be to The Father > Fatima Prayer
- After the 5 decades, conclude with the Hail Holy Queen.
- Close with the concluding prayer:
“O God, whose Only Begotten Son, by His Life, Death, and Resurrection, has purchased for us the rewards of eternal life, grant, we beseech thee, that while meditating on these mysteries of the most holy Rosary of the Blessed Virgin Mary, we may imitate what they contain and obtain what they promise, through the same Christ our Lord. Amen.”
- End with the Sign of the Cross.
The Joyful Mysteries (Monday, Saturday)
1. The Annunciation (Lk 1:26-38)
2. The Visitation (Lk 1:39-56)
3. The Nativity (Lk 2:11-19)
4. The Presentation at the Temple (Lk 2:22-40)
5. Finding of the Child Jesus in the Temple (Lk 2:41-52)
The Sorrowful Mysteries (Tuesday, Friday)
1. The Agony in the Garden (Mt 26:36-46)
2. The Scourging at the Pillar (Mt 27:11-26)
3. The Crowning with Thorns (Mt 27:27-31)
4. The Carrying of the Cross (Jn 19:15-17)
5. The Crucifixion (Mt 27:35-54)
The Luminous Mysteries (Thursday)
1. The Baptism of Jesus (Mt 3:13-17)
2. The Wedding of Cana (Jn 2:1-11)
3. The Proclamation of the Kingdom of God (Mk 1:14-15)
4. The Transfiguration (Lk 9:28-36)
5. The Institution of Eucharist (Mk 14:22-25)
The Glorious Mysteries (Wednesday, Sunday)
1. The Resurrection of Jesus (Mt 28:1-8)
2. The Ascension of Jesus into Heaven (Lk 24:36-53)
3. The Descent of the Holy Spirit (Acts 2:1-4)
4. The Assumption of Mary into Heaven (Rev 12)
5. The Coronation of Mary (Jdt 13:18-20)