“Baptism, the gateway to the sacraments, is necessary for salvation, either by actual reception or at least by desire. By it people are freed from sins, are born again as children of God and, made like to Christ by an indelible character, are incorporated into the Church” (can. 849).
Parishioners who wish to apply for baptism for their infant or child under age 3 shall submit all the documents required to the Parish Office:
- Registration Form for Infant Baptism
- Child’s birth certificate
- Parents’ ID card
- Parents’ Baptismal Certificate (either one must be Catholic)
- Parents’ Confirmation Certificate
- Parents’ Marriage Certificate (married at Catholic Church)
- God Parents’ ID Card
- God Parents’ Baptismal Certificate
- God Parents’ Confirmation Certificate
- God Parents’ Marriage Certificate (married at Catholic Church)
Please submit the above documents in person. Once documents are in order, parents will be invited for an interview with the Parish Priest.
The application will not proceed without the complete documents listed above. Parents and God-Parents must attend instruction Courses for Parents organized by the Parish. The Parish reserves the right to postpone or reject any application for infant/child baptism for the parents’ failure to attend the course.